Stone sign for the Ҵý at twilight.

Accreditation and Consumer Information


The Ҵý is an accredited institution and a member of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), .  The Commission’s most recent action on the institution’s accreditation status on June 27, 2019 was to Reaffirm Accreditation. to view the University's current Statement of Accreditation Status (SAS), which includes summary of recent accreditation activities. MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Read more about MSCHE accreditation, here.

In addition to institutional accreditation, a number of the University's academic programs maintain disciplinary accreditations with various agencies. Click the Program Accreditations and Approvals link below to learn more.

The University is pleased to provide this information as part of its response to the , as amended. The Act requires institutions receiving Title IV federal financial aid to disclose general information and reports on various policies, procedures, and operations, including data related to student outcomes, student financial assistance, health and safety,  and intercollegiate athletics.  This page is updated each fall, and throughout the year as new content is available. In addition to information required by the HEOA, this page also includes other important disclosures required by federal regulations. Requests for printed copies of disclosures listed here may be made via email at the address below. 

General Information

Student Outcomes Information

Student Financial Assistance Information

Health and Safety Information

Intercollegiate Athletics Information

The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV, federal student financial assistance program, and have an intercollegiate athletic program, to prepare an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams.

Professional Licensure Disclosures

The Ҵý offers several academic programs that prepare students for professional licensure and certification within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. States vary in what professions they require to be licensed or certified, the educational requirements for professional licensure or certification, and how licensure or certification is acquired and maintained. These requirements may change over time, and changes may impact the program’s ability to prepare students to meet state requirements.

In addition to educational preparation, some states have additional licensure or certification requirements, which may include an earned degree from an accredited program. Others require individuals to obtain additional coursework, additional fieldwork, background checks, passage of additional state licensing exams, additional fees, or other requirements.  State professional licensing boards make the ultimate decision as to whether or not an individual will be eligible for licensure based on the rules and regulations in place at the time the individual submits their application for licensure.

The University has determined that its programs that lead to professional licensure or certification meet requirements within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and is in the process of determining whether programs that lead to professional licensure or certification meet requirements for other states.Click here to view a  listing of these programs and current determinations.

In addition to the informational contact resources provided in this document, the and a number of professional discipline accreditation agencies and associations provide contact and other information regarding professional licensure or certification within their disciplines:

  • (American Counseling Association)   
  • (National Council of State Boards of Nursing)  
  • (American Occupational Therapy Association) 
  • (Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy)  
  • (National Association of State Boards of Accounting) 
  • Education:

Click here for more information about CPA licensure in Accounting programs.

Updates to this page will be provided as they become available. Students are responsible for reviewing and understanding licensure requirements for any state in which they have interest in pursuing employment.

  • If you are considering enrolling or are enrolled in a program that leads to professional licensure or certification and intend to practice in a state other than Pennsylvania, it is strongly recommended that you review the educational  requirements for that state. If a student moves to a different state for any reason while participating in a program, professional licensure or certification eligibility requirements may differ and the Ҵý program may or may not meet those requirements. Currently enrolled students are encouraged to contact state licensure entities, or their program director, for additional information.
  • It is highly recommended that international students considering enrollment in a program that leads to professional licensure or certification first confirm with the applicable professional licensing entity in their country of residence and/or country in which they intend to work as to whether the University’s program/degree is formally recognized. This includes, but is not limited to, when seeking licensure, certification, certain types of employment, and/or when enrolling in subsequent educational programs. Currently enrolled students are encouraged to contact their program director for additional guidance. 
  • The Ҵý is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), which allows us to offer distance learning programs in other states that are part of this reciprocity agreement. However, this reciprocity does not extend to professional licensure requirements. For questions regarding eligibility for enrollment or placements (such as internships or clinical placements) in states other than Pennsylvania, students should contact the director or chair of the program/department for which they are applying. Graduate students may also contact the Office of Graduate Student Services.

The University provides this information in response to which outlines institutional responsibilities for disclosing professional licensure information by the U.S. Department of Education.

Contact Information

For General Information, or printed copies of the information provided here: 
Office of Planning, Institutional Effectiveness 
Phone: 570-941-6567 
email: kathryn.yerkes@scranton.edu 

The Office of Planning & Institutional Effectiveness, 800 Linden Street, Ҵý PA 18510

For Financial Aid Information:
Office of Financial Aid 
Phone: 1-888-SCRANTON
(570) 941-7701
email: finaid@scranton.edu

Requests for printed disclosures of the consumer information provided above are coordinated by the Office of Planning & Institutional Effectiveness. Requests may be made by emailing  planning@scranton.edu, or by calling 570-941-6567.